CHASE N’ TAILZ KDW FISHING TOURNAMENT
LINES IN SEPTEMBER 30th, 2017
Tournament Rules and Regulations:
- Eligible Species: KINGFISH – DOLPHIN – WAHOO – BONITO- SNAPPER
- Tournament hours of ﬁshing and weigh in are:
6:30 AM – LINES IN START (on the HONOR system) out of the inlet of your choice. You may leave your launch site at any time, but cannot begin ﬁshing for eligible tournament ﬁsh until 6:30 AM.
WEIGH IN STARTS AT 2:00 PM AND ENDS AT 4:00 PM. All boats must be checked in (in person) with the tournament check-in boat at Jupiter inlet no later than 4:00 pm and receive verbal confirmation over VHF 8 or your catch will not qualify. FISH MUST BE BROUGHT FOR WEIGH IN BY BOAT ONLY & MUST HAVE BOAT NUMBER. WEIGH IN IS ON STAGE AT HARBOURSIDE PLACE. The Weigh in Master reserves the right to refuse any mutilated or suspicious ﬁsh.
- All state and federal recreational fishing rules regarding weight, size, and bag limits must be observed. Only legal sized fish will be weighed, no billfish will be weighed.
- All ﬁsh must be caught on rod and reel. NO ELECTRIC REELS.
- Live, dead and artificial bait, any line test, wire, kites, down-riggers and planers are permissible.
- The eastern fishing boundary line is 25 nautical miles. Fishing in the Bahamas is prohibited.
- Each boat can weigh only 1 fish per category. Beast of East teams can weigh in 2 kingfish.
- No limit to the number of lines each boat can ﬁsh.
- Cash prizes based on heaviest fish, not accumulated weight.
- Maximum one cash prize and one junior division prize per boat. Cash and prizes will be awarded to the person/entity that paid the entry fee from the winning boat, unless that said person signs a release designating another individual/entity to receive the cash or prize. Social Security numbers will be required, and winners will be required to fill out a W-9 form, if necessary. Cash payouts will be made within 14 business days. If a category remains vacant (i.e. no 4th place wahoo), that prize will not be awarded. In the event of a tie, the first boat that checked in will win the award. The other fish will be eligible for the next lowest award category, if applicable.
2017 Captains Meeting Sept 28th on the Roof Top of Harbourside Place Jupiter
Lines in Sept 30th 6:30 am, weigh in 2pm -4pm . Sept 10th is back-up date for tournament.
First 100 Boats receive Captains Bucket FULL of AMAZING SWAG
1st Overall $5000 CASH, Trophy & Free Entry into 2018 Tournament
2nd Overall $2500 Cash, Trophy & Free Entry into 2018 Tournament
3rd Overall $1500 CASH & Trophy
1st EACH KDW $1000 Cash & Trophy
2nd EACH KDW $500 CASH
3rd EACH KDW $350 CASH
4th EACH KDW $100 CASH
Under 400 HP
1st $1100 CASH
2nd $500 CASH
Women 1st Prize
Junior 1st & 2nd Prizes
Snapper & Bonito Prize for Heaviest
***Based upon 125 Boats
- First 100 Boats entered receive Captains Bucket. If you win a free entry from another tournament, Captains Bucket not included.
- Fish can be donated to charity. Each donated fish = 1 free raffle ticket
THIS TOURNAMENT IS FOR ALL TO HAVE FUN & ENJOY! PLEASE REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST!
BY REGISTERING FOR THIS TOURNAMENT YOU ARE AGREEING THAT EACH CAPTAIN ACCEPTS FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THEIR CREW AND IT IS AT HIS OR HER DISCRETION TO FISH OR NOT. POSTPONEMENT OR RESCHEDULING OF THE TOURNAMENT DUE TO WEATHER IS UNLIKELY, BUT MAY BE CONSIDERED IF NECESSARY. IF FOR ANY REASON THE TOURNAMENT DOES NOT TAKE PLACE, A RAFFLE WILL DETERMINE WINNERS BY BOAT NUMBER. NO REFUNDS – KEEP IN MIND THIS IS FOR CHARITY.
PHOTOS MAY BE USED FOR SOCIAL MEDIA & PROMOTIONAL ITEMS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY THE PARTICIPATING OF ANY PARTY.
Any protest concerning a rule violation must be submitted prior to the presentation of the awards. Protests must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Committee and accompanied by a $500 check that will be refunded if the protest is upheld by the Tournament Committee. All decisions made by the Tournament Committee are final and official.
WEIGH IN IS ON STAGE AT HARBOURSIDE PLACE. USE VHF 8.
Now that you know the rules, get your friends and family together for a great day of fishing and entertainment to help support the Children’s Gaucher Research Fund.